Saturday, May 22, 2010

Early fruits of labor

The hanging planters filled with Lantana hung on the porch have not only attracted hummingbirds already but a small unplanted clay planter has become a nesting spot for a couple of very energetic chickadees.  I'm trying to keep my distance except for necessary watering of the plants so as not to frighten them away - it will be great fun to watch if they complete nesting and hatch babies in there.  As an interesting side-note, the spider plants that I hung as fillers until I could get something else in there seem to also be encouraging various birds to visit and the hanging spiderlets are intriguing to the hummingbirds - go figure.  In any case, this combo seems to be working, so I won't be changing it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment